Question
Posted by: Hopefull - IVF | 2007/05/30

Pain-Ovulation-after Ectopic Pregnancy

Is it normal? I had ectopic pregnancy/surgery on 5 may. Menstruated the week after. Last week I was fine. Pain gone, etc. Now this week, I have excrutiating pain in my abdomen, where the inscision was made to remove the tube. It is not a surface pain, but a dull, nagging internal pain. Especially when I sit, walk too fast and when my bladder is full. Could this be s cyst or just painful ovulation?

Dear Hopefull - IVF

The possibilities of a cyst as well as the possibility of incomplete removal of the ectopic pregnancy has to be seriously considered. If the pain is very severe I would suggest you visit your gynaecologist as soon as possible. Also it may be important to monitor your pregnancy hormones carefully and should these not have reached negative results, it may be indicative of ongoing pregnancy activity in the fallopian tube.

2
Posted by: Hopefull - IVF | 2007/06/01

Thanks for replying. It seems the fertility specialist only answers selectively. I hope he answers, so that I can get a medical opinion. The pain feels like how it felt when I had the ectopic pregnancy - like wind pains.

Reply to Hopefull - IVF
Posted by: Cross | 2007/06/01

Hi Hopefull

I also had an ectopic pregnancy last November and had to have one of my ovaries removed. Since then I have also had a dull pain when ovulating. I believe that it is just a painful ovulation and the pain may move from the left to the right every month for a few months. If that happens then it is ovulation and i would suggest using a hot water bottle to ease the pain. it helps.
If not and the pain persists then i would go to the gynae

regards

Reply to Cross