Posted by: nas | 2009/10/05

pain on right side


i have been experiencing a dull and at times stabbing pain on the right side.. just on or under the right rib cage... with teh pain, there is a hard lump that i can feel.
at times is is even uncomfortable to sleep or sit.
i have been diagnosed with low iron levels and have been prescribed ferrimed for the past 3 months- on month 2 of the meds.. could this be a side effect?
could this a hernia? something gastric related?
what should i ask or be aware of when visiting my doctor?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Nas
No I don't think it is related to the iron medication. You may have inflammation in the cartilage of a short rib, so let your doctor have a look as you may need anti-inflammatory medication. He also needs to have a look at the lump - to ensure that it is not a growth/tumour that needs further examination.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.