Question
Posted by: LJ | 2005/06/28

Pain on right hand side - 14 weeks pregnant

I'm now 14 weeks pregnant and experience a regular pain in my right side (lower abdomen). It's much worse if I suddenly stand up or get very active (like cleaning the house, hanging washing etc.). I had my last gynae check-up and scan 2 weeks ago and everything was fine. Is it just growing pains or should I see my gynae sooner than my next appointment in mid-July?

If your gynaecologist couldn't find anything wrong, then I can't really help.

2
Posted by: Nix | 2005/06/29

LJ - I am 18 1/2 wks and have aches and pains all the time!! If it is severe, contact your gynae, but if it eases when you rest, then take it as a sign to rest more.

Mnk - perhaps youhave a bladder/urinary tract infection. Go to your chemist / doc for a urine test

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Mnk | 2005/06/28

I'm also experiencing the pain (25 weeks), the foetes is pressing my bladder and my gynae said it's because of the strain exercises but i don't do straining exercises i just walk and not too fast. This is very painful it's like i want to pass water but when i go to the ladies room its just a bit of water and after the pain is still there.

Reply to Mnk