Question
Posted by: Pauline | 2003/12/02

Pain on my right side

Gooday
On friday nite i went to the doctor with extreme pain on my right side more or less where your appendix is. He told me it could be my appendix but also something to do with my cycle as i am in the middle of it. My period was two weeks ago, i dont' know what could be wrong and the pain is still there not as bad but still there.

Your doctor may have meant ovulation pain. This should subside within 24 hours. If you have persistent pain, I would suggest that you go back to your doctor. Possibilities would include other bowel problems such as spastic colon, pelvic infection, ovarian cysts, etc.

1
Posted by: Angela | 2003/12/02

Hi Pauline
I had similiar pains, it turned out to be ovarian cysts. I had to have a laparotomy to have it removed.
Go to a gynae for a scan, before it gets too big.

Reply to Angela