Question
Posted by: Painless | 2004/01/13

Pain on left side net to belly button

Dear Doc

I have been having pains on the lefts side of my stomach, next to my belly button. This has been going on for about 3 years now. I went fot a sonar and the doctors could not pick up anything. They just dismissed it as "they can not see anything wrong" does this mean I should just accept it and live with the constant irratating pain.

Can it be a spastic colon or somthing more dangerous? The specialist did do a gastroscopy and found that I might suffer from chronic gastritis, but this still does not give me peace of mind as to the pain on my right side. It comes and goes and the pain is like a dull headache all the time.

Please help

Painless, I’m a bit confused – is the pain on the left or right side? Let me know and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.