Posted by: True | 2004/11/03

Pain medicine

I've heard about pain medicine in the format of patches - how does that work and do I need a prescription for it.

Will it help for something such as bladder infection (resulting from cervics cancer)?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Some anti-inflammatories, such as Brufen, come in patch form. You will need a prescription. They will not help for infections. These need treatment with antibiotics.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Healthcare | 2004/11/03

The patches that are used in cancer patients are called Duragesic patches. It comes in different strengths. You will need a prescription. One patch application relieve pain up to 72 hrs (3 days).
For the bladder infection, you would need a good antibiotic (eg Ciprobay 500mg) as the patches will treat the pain and not the infection.
Consult your doctor so that he/she may evaluate the appropriateness of the medication.

Everything of the best and may you recover soon.

Reply to Healthcare

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.