Question
Posted by: True | 2004/11/03

Pain medicine

I've heard about pain medicine in the format of patches - how does that work and do I need a prescription for it.

Will it help for something such as bladder infection (resulting from cervics cancer)?

Some anti-inflammatories, such as Brufen, come in patch form. You will need a prescription. They will not help for infections. These need treatment with antibiotics.

1
Posted by: Healthcare | 2004/11/03

The patches that are used in cancer patients are called Duragesic patches. It comes in different strengths. You will need a prescription. One patch application relieve pain up to 72 hrs (3 days).
For the bladder infection, you would need a good antibiotic (eg Ciprobay 500mg) as the patches will treat the pain and not the infection.
Consult your doctor so that he/she may evaluate the appropriateness of the medication.

Everything of the best and may you recover soon.

Reply to Healthcare