Question
Posted by: Varkie | 2008/01/29

Pain just above stomach - ulcer?

My husband gets a terrible pain almost daily just above his stomach just underneath his ribs. Someone told him to drink vinegar because it might be an ulcer. It helps sometimes. He's a smoker and has a belly and sometimes if he smokes too much it also starts hurting. He starting smoking pipe. I'm afraid it might be something serious because I have never seen a man in so much pain.

Dear Varkie
How can (acid) vinegar help for a peptic ulcer caused by stomach acid? He needs a proper examination and the correct medication for this. He may need to go for a gastroscopy to look inside the stomach to see whether there is an ulcer or a hiatus hernia. Please make an appointment with your GP.
(Gastroscopy - http://www.gihealth.com/html/test/gastroscopy.html)

3
Posted by: ruth | 2009/01/31

As my mother is suffering from ulcer and my daughter is suffering from Psoriasis I would like some health tips on how to treat it

Reply to ruth
Posted by: cheri | 2008/12/02

Wat is the cause of the pain that is above my stomach

Reply to cheri
Posted by: Noleen | 2008/04/23

What diet would be recommended for a peptic ulcer?

Reply to Noleen