Question
Posted by: Kacy | 2005/12/02

Pain in upper arm

I have had a weakening of the muscle capacity in both of my upper arms, as well as a pain, muscular, much like a "lammie"! The pain then runs down my arms and into my wrists. Battle to sleep at night. Have very little strength in my hands, Pain is now extended in the shoulders as well as in my hands. have had this for about a month, Not getting any better???? Cannot lift one arm to the opposite shoulder too sore. Have not lifted anything heavy, or incurred any injury I am aware of. pse advise? Am over 45 but under 50... not had menopause as yet. Grateful thanks.

Dear Kacy
You could have a pinched nerve in the neck or in the wrist. Please let your GP check and take X/r if needed. You may need referral to an orthopaedic surgeon.