Posted by: painful | 2008/09/02

pain in the neck

i had a full body massage middle of June. since then i have a pain on the right hand side of my neck that runs from the base of my skull to my shoulder. If I look down, and then to the right its almost as if there is a ' click'  which is painful, before I can tilt my head back up again. I would like to have this seen to, but am unsure whether to see a physiotherapist or a chiropractor. What is your advise?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Thank you for visiting

The massage propably injured a muscle and dislocated a fascet joint in the neck. I suggest that you consult a chiropractor for the necessary treatment.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: julie | 2008/09/03

I am not a doctor but I have had neck problems and I went for physio. Worked for me. I am not keen on a chiropracter expecially when it' s the neck

Reply to julie

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.