Posted by: posh | 2010/11/26

Pain in the knee

Hi there,
my uncle is 47 and he compalints of a pain on his knee which he started noticing last year in November and his knee has been swollen since then,
the pain has now become so severe that he struggles to walk for longer than 10 min, and cannot go to work,

What could be the cause?
he says when the pain started he hadn''t fallen or was in any sort of accident, it just came and settled.

Please kindly referme to any specialist to assess him, preferrably in the Cape town CBD area or anywhere else.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Posh
It sounds as if he needs to see an orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in knees to have a look and see what needs to be done. Your GP would know which orthopod in your area specialises in knees

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.