Question
Posted by: Roy | 2005/06/29

Pain in the heel

Have been having this chronic pain in the heel bone, what is the treatment for this?

Expert ImageArchive

Usually orthotic devices placed in the shoes, and physiotherapy
Call the SA Podiatry Association 0861 100 249, get to a podiatrist in your area

1
Posted by: Mervin | 2005/06/29

Roy, sounds to me like some planters facia.... i have it in the muscle from the heel to the big toe - that tendant - it is sooo sore when i get up early in the morning. and when i sit at the desk and 15 - 20 min later have to get up. very painful.
my friend has it in the heel - thats what makes me think your s is planters facia... ( i went for a cortozone injection after about one year - was to scared as every body told me it is soooooo sore. i told the doc - just give me a local and then the cortosone - which he did and this was wonderful. i can walk again. it lasted for 6 months... came back and i jsut went back for another injection and it is wonderful.. i can recommend the cortozone injection anytime. worth while. not sore at alll.

Reply to Mervin