Posted by: Roy | 2005/06/29

Pain in the heel

Have been having this chronic pain in the heel bone, what is the treatment for this?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Usually orthotic devices placed in the shoes, and physiotherapy
Call the SA Podiatry Association 0861 100 249, get to a podiatrist in your area

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Mervin | 2005/06/29

Roy, sounds to me like some planters facia.... i have it in the muscle from the heel to the big toe - that tendant - it is sooo sore when i get up early in the morning. and when i sit at the desk and 15 - 20 min later have to get up. very painful.
my friend has it in the heel - thats what makes me think your s is planters facia... ( i went for a cortozone injection after about one year - was to scared as every body told me it is soooooo sore. i told the doc - just give me a local and then the cortosone - which he did and this was wonderful. i can walk again. it lasted for 6 months... came back and i jsut went back for another injection and it is wonderful.. i can recommend the cortozone injection anytime. worth while. not sore at alll.

Reply to Mervin

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.