Question
Posted by: Nina | 2004/10/29

Pain in the brain

Hi there Dr.

I'm 24 years old, have recently given birth to my first child and my head is in constant pain. I also see movement out the corner of my eyes and I smell weird things that other people say they don't smell. The pains are fleeting but extreme, I feel them mostly at the top of my head.

I did suffer a concussion in 1999 and every weekend my boyfriend gets drunk, attacks me and bashes my head against the wall or the floor. I don't know if this is the cause???

I went to see my GP but she said it's probably just migrane. She has however consulted a specialist but he says he doesn't know. They want me to go for a cat scan, but I can't afford that.

What do u think this could be???

Thanxxx
nina

Nina, it might be due to a swollen hypophysis – something that can happen after having a baby and the way to pick it up is by having a scan. Even if you can’t afford a scan it would still be a good idea to see a neurologist. Good luck.

1
Posted by: len | 2004/11/01

maybe the pain in your brain is your woman bashing boyfriend!!!

Reply to len