Question
Posted by: jo | 2005/06/30

Pain in soul of foot

I believe I have Morton's Neuroma but I am afraid I may be asked to have a operation. Is thyere any other alternative?
I have been having various pains in the soul of my foot for many months. Sometimes a burning sensation or a feeling of a hard lump. The pain can be excrutiating. I enjoy dancing and walking so feel my life has been put on hold. Please help. Jo

Expert ImageArchive

Jo
you can try the following treatments
Orthotics
Physiotherapy
Chiropractic
At the end of the day if the neuroma is positively diagnosed, by either visualisation by ultrasound, or by Cortisone injection, have it out it isnt going to go away. My advice is go for the op

2
Posted by: Jo | 2005/07/05

Sorry, i did mean SOLE of foot!!!

Reply to Jo
Posted by: Jo | 2005/07/03

Thank you for your reply. Pleaqse could you explain what you mean by 'have it out?' I thought that Morton's Neuroma was a swollen nerve between the toes that causes pain because it is compressed. I don't know what causes it though.
If I did have a cortisone injection does it still mean that when it wears off the problem will re-accurr?
I have heard that the operation can be performed going from underneath the foot or from the top. If it goes from the underside I read it can take a long time before it is ok to work on.
Appreciate your advice Jo

Reply to Jo