Question
Posted by: Lizzy | 2008/01/28

Pain in side under rib cage

I've been getting pain in my right side, just under the ribcage. I've had a GI scope, chest Xray and liver blood test. Alll came back normal. Gaviscon seems to relieve it a little bit, but not completely. Do you know what can be causing it and what I can do to get complete relieve? thanks!

Dear Lizzy
Pain in the right upper abdomen can be due to gall stones, colon problems, liver problems, lower lung infections, abcesses under the diaphragm, or referred pain from a peptic ulcer. Your doctor will have to exclude all possible causes one by one. He will probably also send you for a sonar of the gallbladder.

4
Posted by: Bill | 2009/03/23

I have this bulging feeling under my rib cage on the lower right side. It is not really pain full just annoying. When I eat, it seems like it gets bigger/ moves around a little. I now take Lee vo thyroxin for my thyroid. Could this be associated with the feeling I am experiencing? It is most noticeable when I am sitting. Generally when I am up working, I never notice it.

Reply to Bill
Posted by: nancy | 2008/09/09

hi
i need help, I smoke and drink socially. recently i have been feeling this pain in the middle of my chest and the it moves to the under my right rib cage,, feels like i want to burp and i cant. and when i breath deep the pain gets worse.

Reply to nancy
Posted by: alida | 2008/07/14

My daughter of 15 years complains about pain n her lower right side, for about 2 months now (it comes and goes) it's very painfull (the pain's duration is normally 5 minutes. She get's it different times of the day or night.

Reply to alida
Posted by: Thuli | 2008/07/02

i feel pain around my waist on my left side. i also have pain in the pelvis so i am not sure if i am pregant its just spasm

Reply to Thuli