Posted by: Doreen | 2008/09/05

For some time now I have been having an unusual pain sensation in my left shoulder blade with a tingly crawly feeling, almost as if something is crawling there and it is itchey. The pain is not such that I can' t live with it but it is there all the time and uncomfortable.
I did have a shoulder operation for calcification a few years ago but this is the shoulder blade.

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Doreen,

it certainly sounds as if the cause of your problem is of a nerve origin and it usually comes from the neck, referred to the shoulder blade. I agree that it is probably not related to your previous shoulder surgery. it is not a serious problem and can be regarded as a nuisance. If it gets to a point where you feel that it impacts on the quality of your life i would suggest that you see a physiotherapist to treat the facet joints of your cervical spine as an initial treatment

Dr Joe de Beer