Question
Posted by: Safs | 2004/09/22

PAIN IN SHIN OF LEG

I am 22 yrs old, whenever I walk alot like spend the day at the mall shopping, by the time i get home the shins on both my legs are extremely painful, I always have to lie down and relax the evening and not walk at all, even if a cold draft or wind gets my legs it really statrs cramping, kindly advise if there is anything that i can do, one more thing I have a blood disorder called ITP (low platelettes).

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Safs
Please ask the physician treating your ITP whether you painful shins could be the result of this.
I think you would also benefit from mild exercise like walking daily for short periods of time. If you lead a rather sedentary lifestyle your shins will become sore whenever you do something like shopping ( I think shopping makes my shins pain before I even start!).
Tereza