Question
Posted by: lucky | 2004/03/11

pain in right breast

Dear Cyberdoc

I experience a very sharp pain in my right breast approximately once per month. It normally happens at night (the pain wakes me up) but then it goes away. I have recently switched from triphasil to the 3 month injection and no change.

Any advice would be appreciated, it is only in my right breast and I don't detect any lumps. I asked Gynaedoc and she said to ask you.

Lucky

Lucky, it is a bit weird that it only happens once a month. It might be due to inflammation, but then one would expect it to occur more frequently. Is there any association with your menstrual cycle? Please let me know as a new question (to ensure that I receive it) and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.