Posted by: Jo-Ann | 2008/05/30

Pain in Pelvic area

Hi, I hope you can give me some advice

I began feeling sick Monday night, I was up the whole night vomiting and thought it was something I ate. On Tuesday I began getting an extremely painfull pain in my pelvic area. It felt like a very bad bladder infection as my bladder felt 'full' the whole time. I took some pain medication as often as I felt needed and also drank something for my 'bladder infection'. The pain continued up until yesterday when I started getting a period, which is very weird as I had my period 2 weeks ago. (ended 17 May).

What is wrong here? Should I go see a dr?


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you consult a gynaecologist, in order to have a pap smear and a urine test done. It is possible that you have a severe bladder infection with pylonephritis (severe infection of the kidneys). You can even have an infection of the ovaries or infection of the appendix. He/she will do an ultrasound of the pelvis, as well as a urine analysis. It is important to consult a doctor/gynaecologist, as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anxious | 2008/06/01

Ongoing vomiting, especiallly accompanied with severe abdominal pain is something you should not have ignored. You should have gone to your doctor on Tues - severe abdominal pain can be a variety of problems, not just just a possible bladder infection. In any case you wouldnt have known if that was what you had without having a urine test done - this is the only way to find out if you do have a uti - so you might have even been taking wrong stuff anyway. What were you taking? Citrus soda? By now you should have definitely gone to a doctor - your symptoms will not get better with out medical treatment, they will only deteriorate (and this could even be rapid) and could end up being possibly serious. You should go to your gp/gynae without delay if you havent already done so.

Reply to anxious

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.