Question
Posted by: lizzy | 2008/08/11

pain in ovary / side

Just wondering if it could be serious if I have a persistent pain in what feels like my left (and sometimes right) ovary. It'  s really sore if I cough or sneeze and now that I'  m ovulating it'  s almost a constant dull pain (but not too bad though). Even if i move suddenly it hurts sometimes. I had a miscarriage about a year ago and was told at the scrape that they checked and everything was normal. Could I have developed a cysts or something in this time or could it be something else.

Hi Lizzy
Please have this looked at - it could very well be a cyst that is bleeding slightly into the abdomen. A sonar is probably needed.