Question
Posted by: Carrie | 2005/11/30

Pain in one eye

I have searched previous posts and can't find any with my symptom. I often have pain in my right eye when I wake up. It is sore and hurts if I put any pressure on it (eg, while washing my face with a flannel) It usually clears up after a few hours but today I can still feel a little pain. Can it be due to pressing my eye on my arm while I am asleep or could it be something more serious.

Carrie, I doubt that it is due to your arm, but I suppose it is possible. The problem i that it might also be due to an eye problem like glaucoma and this is why the best would be to see an ophthalmologist and make sure that it isn’t due to something serious. Good luck.

3
Posted by: Carrie | 2005/11/30

Hi Carla, I have had this pain for at least 6 months (that I can remember). It isn't there everyday but then again I am getting so used to it, I avoid pressing on my eye.. (Thanks Jeanne)

Reply to Carrie
Posted by: Jeanne | 2005/11/30

You need to see a NEUROLOGIST. It could be caused by optic neuritis, which often heralds the start of Multiple Sclerosis.

Reply to Jeanne
Posted by: Carla | 2005/11/30

Hi Carrie, I have the same problem and with my right eye aswell, how long have you had your pain? I have had for a while and it also seems to go away after a few hours but it is really sore

Reply to Carla