Question
Posted by: Shiraz | 2004/12/10

Pain in Neck.

Doctor,
My 70 year old mother is suffering from tremedous neckpain.
She slip in the shower 28 September, that is also when this pain began. She went for physio therapy and also did they do RF impulse three weeks ago. This did not help. We looked in books and found tendenitus which describes her pain exactly. We would like to find more about this and what can I give her to ease this pain, she is still very active, but the only times the neck does not pain is when she lies down.
Please help us.
Shiraz

Shiraz, the best would be for her to see a doctor and have x-rays taken before you do anything else. It might be that she damaged a vertebra and you might actually worsen it by trying all kinds of remedies. In the meant time you can give her an anti-inflammatory like Brexecam®. Good luck.