Question
Posted by: maryna | 2004/11/12

pain in my left side,preggies

hi Doc?

iam 6months and i had this pain last nite,what can this be,this pain comes and go,and it started all the way down my left leg,could it be that iam standing all day,cos i work alot with costumes and iam constanly on my legs?
Please help me with your advice?
maryna

It could be from standing but it is hard to say without examining you. If it is in your leg, you can probably wait till you see your doctor again. If it is in your calf, a leg clot is a possibility and you should have it looked at straight away.

1
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/13

This can be any of the following:

1. Round ligament pain ...which radiates down the leg & is normal, responds well to panado or stopyne.This can be due to strtching of womb in pregnancy and also be due to sexual intercourse although this does not mean you should stop having sex.
2. Ruptured ovarian cyst also responds well to analgesics but if unbearable should see your gynae.
3. Uterine irritation (prem labour, abrptio placentae (separeted placenta),,,which is often coupled by show or vaginal bleeding & is severely painful warrents immediate doc consult.

Reply to dr anonymous