Question
Posted by: bubbly | 2004/02/13

Pain in lower stomach

I had a hysterectomy 10 yrs ago. Have noticed a burning pain that comes and goes on the left hand side of my lower abdomen area. Also, some mornings when I wake up it feels like i've been hit with a plank across my lower back area (in line with my kidneys). As soon as I pass urine the pain goes away. I do drink a lot of water every day (2-3liters). I do not have this pain/discomfort again untill the next morning. Can the two problems be linked or not.

It may be that overfilling of the bladder causes the abdominal pain. If there was a problem with the kidneys, the pain should be there all the time. IF you are concerned, I would suggest that you see your GP.