Posted by: Libro | 2004/01/06

Pain in legs with red patches and excessive heat.

Doc please advise what can I do. My father in law is 67 and developed a pain in his lower legs. Sometiimes it swells just below his knees. He has a big red patch near his shins and these patches have an excessive heat. It also feels like he has small lumps under his skin on his legs from the knee down. He was told to rest his legs and go for a visit at the "OOG" He cut all the acid out of his diet and normally he is in good health. He sometimes gets the shakes in his hands that makes it look like he is withdrawing from something. He was born with flat feet. Help please. He has no medical aid and all the visits to a gp and medication for 10 days , come back to see me is costing him a fortune

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Libro, it sounds like there might be a problem with the blood flow in his legs and that the patches are the areas where the blood flow is compromised the most. The best would for him to have Doppler flow studies done to make sure that nothing serious is the matter. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.