Question
Posted by: Kim King | 2004/11/29

PAIN IN LEG BEFORE PERIOD ?

Has anyone ever felt this 1 or 2 days before their period ?

A sharp pain that shoots down the front thigh, just every so often ?

Could anyone tell me what that is ?

Pain from the pelvic organs can radiate to the groin and upper leg. This is probably why you are experiencing the pain there.

4
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/30

I didn't have that pain with my periods, but that is mostly where I felt my labour pains - in my inner thighs and exactly as you describe them. I did have the normal labour pains and luckily no back pain, but boy was that leg pain agony.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/11/30

I used to get that too, severe cramps and period pain, I used to describe it as ' it feels like my legs are going to fall off'...

All I can say is after having children it went away. I think it's from your uterus contracting to push the period out. Once your womb and ligaments have been stretched by pregnancy and childbirth it seems to stop...

Also while in labour I had that same deep heavy 'my legs want to fall off' feelings... I used to joke that my period pains were like labour, but were continuous, whereas at least with labour you have a break between contractions, and I was right!

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: d | 2004/11/29

i also get it, but have no idea why . sorry. will be keeping a watch out for gynaedoc,s answer.

Reply to d
Posted by: crazymamma | 2004/11/29

Kim, I have the same experience every single month. It's like a numb but painful feeling, right? I can tell you that the pain orignates in the lower back which innervates that area of the leg, I cannot however tell you why that area is affected though. Sorry.

Reply to crazymamma