Posted by: Pam | 2008/08/19

Pain in leg

I have a strange pain in my left leg. I also have a vain in the fold where my knee is. The pain comes and goes. It is not a muscle.
Could this be a tombosis or something to do with my vain? What should I do?

Dear Pam
It is difficult to make a diagnosis with the info you gave, if the leg (calf) is swollen and sore it could be a deep vein thrombosis. If the vein is tender and red it could be thromboflebitis, but it could also be the knee joint that is causing the pain. Best would be to have a doctor examine the area to see what the problem is.

Posted by: Painful leg | 2009/04/12

Dr, all of a sudden (this year), I have a pain in my right leg, (if I can explain). I first noticed it when I showered, I usually bend my right leg over my left (straigth) knee to wash the lower half of my leg, but when I bent my right leg, I had so much pain, I almost cried, it felt asif my right leg is so swollen up, that the veins are squeezed to tight... I dont really know how to explain... If I walk, it is fine, but as soon as I drive (for about 20min) the pain starts again... and when we came back from the sea (my husband drove back), after about 3 hours I could not move my leg, it hurt so much, but as soon as I stand on it, it feels fine, but here where I am sitting now, I feel the pain behing my knee.... What do you think this could be? Regards.... PFL

Reply to Painful leg