Posted by: Cindy | 2008/07/22

Pain in left part of body

Hi< br> I have had a pain in the left part of my body for the past 4 months now. It is in my left arm and in my chest. Sometimes my fingers feel numb as well in my left side. I have been to the doctor and for an EEG. According to it there is nothing wrong with my heart and the pain is due to stress and anxiety. Could this be or would you recommend further tests? I have cholestrol that is 5.5. Not necessary to take pills yet but to start eating more healty and I have and under active thyriod. I am take Eltroxin for it. Any suggestions?

Hi Cindy
this could also be caused by a pinched nerve in the neck due to muscle spasm. Let a physiotherapist evaluate this for you? If not, next step would be to do a x/ray of the neck to see if you have any narrowed disc spaces between the vertebrae.