Question
Posted by: Francisco | 2004/11/08

pain in left ankle and in the right heel

Please give me some advice. I have constant pain in my left ankle. I've had a few injuries and was involved in a car accident in 1999 when the left leg got stuck in between the dashboard and the seat and ever since then my left ankle kept on paining.

For the past year I've had some pain and sometimes sever pain in my right heel that made it difficult for me to stand on my foot.
What can be the problem?

Francisco

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Francisco
It is very difficult to make a diagnosis without seeing the person!
The pain in your right foot might be because you have overcompensated for your left foot being painful by putting most of your weight on the right foot. This is pure speculation on my part and I suggest you go and see either an orthopaedic surgeon or a neurologist who can determine the cause of your pain.
Good luck!