Posted by: lerita | 2005/07/18

Pain in knees

I have experience quite some time pain in my knees. Sometimes the one knee cap when I bend my knees and sometimes the other knee. I have been using caltrate for 4 years now and are not sure if this is ostheoporosis. I have no injuries whatsoever on my knees. Do I need some tests done. And with which doctors?. Is this what people called painfull joints?. I am 36 years old. Is there any medication or vitamins that I can take in the meanwhile?. Could this be arthritis?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Lerita
Osteoporosis is a totally painless disease until you suffer a fracture and it does not affect the joints. It may be arthritis, but other factors like overweight etc. can alco cause painful joint and especially knees as they have to carry our weight adn if there is too much weight they complain! You may also have an old injury that you do not know about. If it is really bothersome please see you GP who can evaluate this.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.