Question
Posted by: SJ | 2003/03/12

PAIN IN JAW,TEETH,SINUS????????????URGENT

HI, LAST WEEK I WAS SUFFRERING WITH SINUS AND HEADACHES DOWN THE MIDDLE OF MY FACE.THEN ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON 9/3 I DEVELOPED INCREDIBLY SORE PAIN ON THE RIGHTHAND SIDE OF MY FACE.IT RUNS FROM MY EAR AND FEELS LIKE IT IS BETWEEN MY JAW BONE AND MY TEETH.LIKE MY TEETH ARE BEING PUSHED OUT.I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND SHE GAVE ME ANTIBIOTICS AND PANAMOL WHICH HAVE NOT HELPED AT ALL.I AM ALSO 7 WEEKS PREG.THE FUNNY THING IS THAT ONE OF MY COLLEAGUES AT WORK SUFFERED WITH THE SAME PROBLEM ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE ME AND HER PAIN HAS DULLED A BIT BUT IS NOT YET TOTALLY GONE.PLEASE HELP AS I CANT KEEP RUNNING BACK TO THE DOCTOR AND IT IS THE SIDE I USUALLY TALK ON THE PHONE WITH.(SICK DAYS ARE ALSO OUT OF THE QUESTION)

SJ, it sounds like you have sinusitis, but I can’t say for sure without examining you first. The problem is that you can’t really take strong medicine especially since you’re less than 12 weeks pregnant. If you don’t have fever you can wait a bit longer before going back to your doctor, but otherwise you will have to go back for more antibiotics. Good luck.

1
Posted by: SJ | 2003/03/13

THANK YOU ! BUT IS SINUS SOOOO PAINFUL AND IN YOUR TEETH ?MY DOCTOR ALSO SAID I CAN TAKE TWO PANADOS EVERY FOUR HOURS. IS THIS OKAY.

Reply to SJ