Question
Posted by: blossom | 2008/01/29

pain in hips

i am 51 and have always keep relatively fit. i walk on my treadmill 3 times a week and also go for a 1-2km walk twice a week. for th4e last few weeks i have woken up with aching pain at the top of my leg joints - on the sidse. this is on both sides. i battle to sleep on my back, but this is the only way to ease the pain. i dont have a problem during the day. do you have any ideas?

Dear Blossom
You may have a bit of inflammation in the hip joints called bursitis. Anti inflammatory medication like Voltaren and Physiotherapy may help. Cut down on the exercise - unfortunately the joints need a bit of rest.