Question
Posted by: AFB | 2005/07/05

PAIN IN HIPS

I have this pain in hips and lowerback, I am 24 weeks, what can it be, I can hardly stay in a position for long whether it is sitting, standing or laying down. It feels the same as when one have are stiff from exercise.

This is common in pregnancy. It is partly due to the extra weight you are carrying, and partly to stretching of ligaments. You can use Panado if you need to. Also wear flat shoes and try to maintain a good posture.

2
Posted by: HELPLESS | 2005/07/06

I'm 8 weeks but already i have the same pain all the time. At first i didnt know what was going on. At times i would call my husband to come and pull my leg thinking maybe i've dislocated my bones. My butt at times is also stiff, i called him every 30 minutes when itried to stand up until one day he decided to take me to a doctor and the doctor confirmed that it was normal i should take note not to sit for a long time at my desk.

Reply to HELPLESS
Posted by: BB | 2005/07/05

I'm 32 weeks and I have the same pain in my pelvic / hip area, like I'm stiff. As far as I know this is normal. I was told that the extra blood in your body accumelates under your uteris so if you sit at a desk for a long time you need to get up every 45 min to make sure blood circulation get's going.

I hope that one of the other ladies can confirm this for me as I also wondered about this soreness

Reply to BB