Posted by: Tracey | 2012/04/18

pain in groin area

Hi there doc, my husband has been complaining of pain in the groin area, in line with his waistline. He also has been going to the toilet quite frequently. He went to see a doc (which I am afraid I dont have alot of faith in) who looked at him and said he was fine. He said that he is too young for it to be his prostrate as he is 36? It has been about 2 weeks now and he is still in pain. Could it not be kidney stones? What kind of tests should be done to establish what is wrong. Also he has been taking cranberry tablets that are made by womens choice and say they are for urinary tract infections???? Should he take that??? I wouldnt think so!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


Your husband will have to consult an urologist. It is possible that he has an urinary tract infection or infection of the prostate gland. The doctor will perform a manual examination and analyse his urine to exclude infection. In the interim, he can use Myprodol capsules for the pain and discomfort and he can gladly continue taking the Cranberry tablets.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.