Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2007/08/20

Pain in groin area

Hi, I am a 38 year old woman. I got a pain in my groin, or more at the very top, front of my leg, after driving this afternoon for quite a while. I also from time to time get a bump on my calf witch feels soft like a vein. These bumps have been coming and going for many years (about 20). The pain at the top of my leg has appeared before today, also over a period of years, also in my left leg, and also when driving, but has not happened often. Could this be some sort of a blood clot, or a pinched nerve. It felt better as soon as I stood up but did not dissapear completely. Should I see a doctor or continue to ignore it? After all its been years already.

Hallo Debbie
Pain in the groin can be due to a blood clot, a hernia, a ligament injury, a referred pain from the hip. If it is due to a blood clot the leg may be swollen, more than the other one. The soft bumps you have on your legs could be varicose veins as other things like lipomas would not come and go. If this does not go away by itself in 72 hours or gets worse, I think you should see your doctor