Question
Posted by: dettie | 2006/11/13

pain in foot still after 3 year old inju

3 years ago i had an accident were an umbrella ciment block fell on my foot in a pool. it got bruised and slightly swollen, but was fine. i never went to a doctor and now i have pain in it everyday. every now and again i have a sharp pain shooting through the foot and up my leg, and sometimes i find small bruises on the foot, i have a need to stretch and roll my ankle, it hurts all the time, sitting, standing, walking, driving and lying down.

Expert ImageArchive

Sadly there has been a gap from the original injury and it sounds as if there was an injury that was never treated. You need to start somewhere, and the best place will be at either your GP or a podiatrist, or an orthopaedic surgeon. You will need to have it x-rayed and maybe some other imaging like ct scan or mri.
The important point is thta if the old injury can be identified and there is some remedy ( be it physio, orthotics or surgery) you will need to do that now