Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2007/07/10

Pain in chest

Hi, over the past few weeks I am having pains in the chest area above my breasts and also under my arms. It seems to get worse in the evening, and when I bend over I actually feel faint and pain in my chest more so that when standing up and then have to lie down. Im a health 25 year old female with no ailments. What could this be?

Dear Lilly
I think you should see your GP - although it may only be muscle related, the fact that it is worse in the evening and that you feel faint and have the need to lie down would prompt me to just check your heart for irregularities too.