Question
Posted by: Mrit | 2006/07/19

Pain in chest

Good Day Doc

I experience a pain towards the middle of my chest, towards the lower part of the left breast and also moves to the right sometimes. The pain comes at random throughout the day and can last for approximately 30 sec to a minute at a time. This can occur whilst driving, siting at my desk at work or even just watching tv. It is mild and does not affect my daily activities, but is now starting to concern me as this has the case for the past 4 months.

I am a 24 year old male. Weight = 65kg's. Don't eat much sweat, chocolates, cakes, etc ( fatty foods basically).
I go to the Gym on a regular basis( about 3 times a week), and try not to strain myself.I take a supplement, 'Muscle Fuel' and has 41g protein and about 40g carbs.

I visited a gp 2 months ago and he diagnosed it as an ulcer reaction. I have completed the medication, but the symtoms still prevail.

Please advise.

Mrit

Dear Mrit
Maybe you should just let the doctor do an ECG and a chest x/ray to exclude heart or lung problems. It could also be an interrib muscle inflammation.