Question
Posted by: Cheryl | 2004/11/08

Pain in chest

Hi Doc, two days ago I started having pains in my lower rib area with the pain spreading around to my back. This pain has seemed to move into my chest and I have very short breath and when I try to breath in deeply my chest is really painful. I cannot really feel whether this pain is muscular or in my lungs. Also if I sneeze then I get a tingling sensation in my arms and hands for a couple of seconds. What is your opinion? I do have an appointment with my doc this pm but thought that someone might respond before then. Thanks a mil for your time.

Cheryl, it sounds like pleurisy, but I suppose you have your answer by now. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Zoe | 2004/11/09

Hi Cherly and Doc

I also have the same problem its been a month now I went to the Doctor he gave me painkillers he said maybe its stress. This pain is just below my breast under my ribs, Which doctor should I consult. Please help.

Reply to Zoe
Posted by: Cheryl | 2004/11/09

Thanks for your reply doc. My doc's first reaction was also pleurisy but after an examination he determined that it is an infection in the tissue lining of the lungs casued by a flu bug!

Reply to Cheryl