Question
Posted by: KAY | 2007/04/16

Pain in Buttock and Left Leg

Hi, have been getting horrible pains in my wrists and hands. Saw a neurologist, being diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel in both hands. Is is possible that it is something more, cause i am battling with my left leg, throbs and i have been getting the most excruciating pain in my buttocks. Was in extreme pain while doing some ironing yesterday. Have slight hip pain on both hips. Had nerve tests done on legs and no nerve damage.

Also, have used the sling for CTS for more than 7 weeks now with no relief, was advised to have the surgery but no guarantees promised. Should I have the op and how long will i have to be off work since my work involves using the computer the entire day and what happens if i don't , will the condition worsen.

Dear Kay
CTS will only give you pain in wrists and upper arms. If you have pains in the hip and buttocks too and they haven't checked for things like Rheumatoid arthritis or other outoimmune diseases and joint diseases - do this first before going for the operation.
see http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/joint_pain.htm