Question
Posted by: Bugs | 2007/04/16

pain in breasts

hi,

im not sure if im just being paranoid (which i usually am), or if i have reason to worry.

i have almost always experienced pain in my breasts a week or so before my period, and some times just every now and again for no reason. i dont have a ny breast lumps, as i exmaine myself regularly, and i dont have discharge, or puckering or any other symptoms to look out for. just this dull pain.

im 2 weeks away from my next period, i am on the pill, but my partner and i have been trying for a baby recently, so i could be in the very elarly stages of pregnancy. i've been nauseaus and dizzy lately.

my question is.. do you think i should be concerned with the pain maybe being more than just a hormonal pain, and should i get it checked out? im currently in the uk, on holiday until september, so i dont really have a doctor as such here!

please help!

Dear Bugs
If you don't feel any lumps and both breasts are sore and tender, it probably is hormonal and may be due to pregnancy. If the pain persists after your period you should see a GP just to check.

2
Posted by: Gesiggie | 2007/04/16

At "that time of the month" your body produces a lot of estrogen and that will be the direct cause of tender breasts - thus directly hormonal.

Reply to Gesiggie
Posted by: Lou | 2007/04/16

Sounds completely normal, some women have alot of symptoms with PMS and the degree of discomfort varies. It can also vary from month to month.

Reply to Lou