Question
Posted by: EM | 2004/01/12

Pain in breasts

I have been experiencing pain in both of my breasts. The pain is above the areola and to the side almost under my arm. It is not painfull all the time and not always in the same place or same breast. If I press it it does not hurt and I cant find any lumps. I have two small children both of whom I breast fead for 6 weeks. Now they climb all over me often squashing my breasts, could this be the cause

EM, it might be due to inflammation because your children think you’re a jungle gym, but it might also be due to something else. As I can’t examine you from this side of the screen, the best would be to see your GP. Good luck.