Question
Posted by: Jacqui | 2003/03/12

Pain in ankles & wrists

I have started Yoga again and I find I suffer from pain in my ankles and wrists. I am not overweight and only 22. I did do ballet for 9 years intensely.

Please help.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Jacqui

I would continue for another two to three weeks and see if the pain subsides - it could just be adaptation to a new form of exercise. I would also do some extra exercises to strengthen the ankle and wrist area. If there is no improvement and the pain gets worse, it might be worth consulting a doctor, to make sure there is no muscle or tendon strain which needs rehabilitation.
You could consult our doctors at the Sports Science Institute. Contact them on 021 659 5644.

I hope this helps.