Question
Posted by: Losh | 2004/09/29

Pain From Ankle to Knee

Please can you help me. I have been experiencing severe pain that started at my ankle. The pain is now moving up my calf towards my knee. The pain in on the inner side of my leg only. Sometimes I have problems walking because of the pain.
What can cause this pain and how can I treat it?

Losh, it is difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine you first, but it might be due to a nerve being pinched, a blood clot (venous thrombosis), blood flow problems (including heart problems), inflammation, etc. You can try taking an anti-inflammatory for a couple of days, but if it doesn’t clear up the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.