Posted by: Nan | 2009/03/24

Pain during Sex

I have a problem if anyone can assist I will realy appreciate. My husband and I leaving in a different provinces because of his work and the work that I am doing is not easy to re-locate. Now my problem is when I make love to him I feel pain, it takes me longer to be wet and ready for action. Is there anything I can use to spice up my sex life, I don' t wanna lose my husband. Is there anything I can use, I heard people talking about K-Jelly but I am not sure how to used it?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

Dear Nan,

In your post you talk about two issues. The one being that you are experiencing dyspareunia, which is pain during sexual intercourse, and you state that you have noticed that you take longer to become lubricated enough to be ready for penetrative sex. If you attempt penetrative sex when you are not sufficiently aroused and lubricated it will become painful, especially as you become drier as the discomfort builds. It is not uncommon that as we grow older that the type, focus and intensity of stimulation a women needs to acheive the same degree of arousal and lubrication changes, mostly requiring and increase in focus and intensity of stimulation. The fact that you and your husband live apart at this time, may also impact on you sense of intimacy and connectedness, as a result of the time spent apart physically. These are important, especially for women, with regards to her receptivity to sex and sexual stimulation. Do you and your husband do things together, other than sexual, to first reconnect with each other and build emotional and psychological intimacy before moving on to sexual intimacy/ This may help. If you wish to use a lubricant to assist with the dryness, please use a waterbased lubricant, such as KY-Jelly, there are many other waterbased lubricant brands as well. Your partner can put some of the lube in the palm of his hand and then rub it over the head of his penis and down his shaft, you can also put lube in you pallm spread it out over you palm and then apply it to your vagina, including between your inner lips and around your vaginal opening.

I am not sure that the issue is about "spicing up your sex life", yet keeping things fun and interesting and trying new things can enrich your sexual relationship.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Flower1980 | 2009/03/24

KY is a jel that you can put in your vagina or he can put it on the penis. Its makes the vagina quite lubircant.Maybe you must have a bit of longer forplay. What about him giving you a muff dive

Reply to Flower1980

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.