Question
Posted by: nina | 2004/11/21

pain during sex

I know at first glance it looks as if this question should be in the sex-forum, but I have a concern that it is more of a vaginal physiology problem.

I am 25 and have been sexually active for 8 months. The problem is that almost every time we have sex, the opening (bottom part) of my vagina tears a bit. It is becoming a big problem for me, because I hurt for days afterwards and am also depressed about the whole situation, because I feel quite abnormal. We bought a sex video in the hope that it would help, but it only made me more depressed, because I won't be able to do any of that stuff. The only position we can manage is the missionary. We once tried "doggy" and me on top, but it hurt even more. Can it be that there is something wrong with the way my vagina is made? Have you heard of such cases before? I am not sexually experienced and dont' know whether it will get better with time or if there is something wrong with me.

It is not a question of lubrication, as we always use KY-jelly even if I am well lubricated myself.

Please help!!

It may be that your vaginal opening is very narrow. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist for an examination to assess this. Even if this were so, it should be treatable.