Question
Posted by: Zynelle | 2003/12/22

Pain During Pregnancy

I AM 13WK & 5DYS PREGNANT. THIS IS MY FIRST ONE, AND I AM SO GRATEFUL THIS FORUM FOR THE ADVICE I GET AND THE THINGS I LEARN. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL AT THIS STAGE OF PREGNANCY TO FEEL EXTREME STOMACH AND LOW PELVIC PAINS. LAST NIGHT I WOKE UP WITH THIS FEELING OF SOMETHING STABBING IN MY BELLY BUTTON. I HAVE A WHITE TO YELLOWISH DISCHARGE (NO ITCHING), SOMETIMES THE DISCHARGE IS LIKE WATER. WHAT IS SO FRUSTRATING IS THE FACT THAT I WON'T FEEL BY CHILD AT THIS STAGE AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON WITH ALL THIS PAIN, IS IT NORMAL. I WENT TO MY GYNIE 9 DEC AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE, NEST APPOINTMENT IS 20 JAN, IT'S SO FAR AWAY, IT'S KILLING ME. HAS ANYBODY ELSE FELT THIS WAY AFTER 13 WEEKS, OR ALSO HAD SO MUCH DISCOMFORT?

A yellow discharge may indicate an infection. It is normal to feel some discomfort from stretching of the ligaments of the uterus but, if you think this is excesive, phone your gynaecologist and discuss it with him/her.

1
Posted by: LS | 2003/12/22

I did'nt know this at the time, but a yellow discharge is not ok, it indicates a sign of an infection, i had a infection(vaginits and a urine infection) which was cleared by antibiotics as per my gynae, I think you should call him and tell him that it would make you fell better if he checked you out before the 20th of Jan, I think the stress you've been under may be adding as well, but that just what I think....it;s important that you speak to your gynae though...anyway.....i am now 30 weeks and me and baby are ok, so you guys will be ok, pls try not to panic, as hard as it is, try!!!

Reply to LS