Question
Posted by: sore | 2003/12/09

pain during intercourse

Hi, lately I have been having a lot of pain during sex, I am also a week late for my period even though I have been on the pill for years I had some spotting on the weekend and that is that, could the pain be a factor or symptom of pregnancy?

The fact that you are a week late could mean that you are pregnant. Painful intercourse is not a usual symptom of pregnancy.If the pregnancy test is negative, I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist for a check-up.

1
Posted by: Dani | 2003/12/09

If you are pregnant and are still taking the pill and had spotting it could be possible that your body is rejecting the pregnancy. Almost like a confusion in hormones. I suggest you try and go for a pregnancy test asap.

If you are not pregnant there could be problems concerning your cervix especially if you are experiencing pain and if intercourse is becoming uncomfortable, these symptoms are not to be taken lightly and you should go to a gynae asap, remember- problems concerning your cervix could be cervical erosion, cervical cancer, abscic's, growths, prolapse etc...

Reply to Dani