Question
Posted by: Candice | 2004/01/13

Pain caused by curvature of the spine-worried

I'm 23 and was diagnosed with slight scoliosis. It only developed about five years ago.My spine is very slightly out of place. It causes alot of discomfort and pain on some occassions. The pain moves down into my leg and cause knots in my shoulder. Worried it'll cause problems when I'm older. What could have caused it?
Your advise will be appreciated.

Candice, most of the time we don’t know what the cause was. Something went wrong during the growth process, but it shouldn’t become worse now that you’ve stopped growing. If it does, the best would be to see a neurosurgeon. Good luck.