Question
Posted by: Boomsie | 2005/06/29

Pain behind ribs

I have been experiencing a shooting pain contsantly on the left hand side behind my ribs. The pain is really bad when I cough, sneeze or laugh. Please could u let me know what it can be as sometimes I have to bend over in pain. I have had it for about a week. If you push on the rib area it is not sore

Boomsie, I can’t say for sure without being able to examine you first, but it sounds like it might be due to pleurisy. You can try taking anti-inflammatories, but if it doesn’t clear up the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.