Question
Posted by: tecoma | 2004/10/12

pain behind eye

I get a very very bad pain behind (not in)my left eye from time to time for some years now and need to take myprodol usually twice, before it subsides. What is this?

Tecoma, I can¡¦t say for sure without being able to examine you but apart from an eye problem, the most likely diagnosis would be a cluster headache. The most common features of a clusterheadache are:
„Ò Headache lasts 15 minutes - 2 hours up to 4 - 8 times a day
„Ò Male more than female
„Ò Attacks come in clusters of 4 - 12 weeks with problem-free months in between
„Ò Located on one side and frequently involves the eye or the area around the eye
„Ò Severe to excruciating intensity
„Ò Penetrating and stabbing pain
„Ò Nausea and / or vomiting
„Ò Sensitivity to light and / or sound
„Ò Bloodshot eye and / or increased tears
„Ò Swelling and / or drooping of eyelid
„Ò Blocked or runny nose
If this sounds like your problem, the best would e to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.